Latest in Highlight
Conscripts were on their way home for leave when they were attacked
Egypt’s permanent representative to the UN addresses Human Rights Council
Six of the militant group’s members were killed during a terrorist raid 19 March, Ansar Beit Al-Maqdis reported
Minister of Interior Mohamed Ibrahim told reporters that US, EU “stifling” arms
Meeting concerns military communication, sale of Apache helicopters
Ministers reiterate constitutional article enshrining military trials, call on workers and unions to postpone “factions’ demands”
Arab human rights group calls Saturday’s attack “black terrorism”
Statement claims more than a dozen detained in Muslim Brotherhood-linked “militia”
Political parties highlight the importance of restructuring the Ministry of Interior
Field Marshal Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi still rides a wave of soaring popularity following his unrelenting support for the toppling of former president Mohamed Morsi in July 2013. The kingmaker is widely expected to enter the presidential race largely uncontested. Save a few decorative candidates, such as presidential hopeful Hamdeen Sabahy and former chief of staff …
Al-Qaedal-linked Shebab rebels immediately claimed responsibility for huge blast at the perimeter of the central Mogadishu complex
Earlier this week, a bomb attack on an Egyptian tourist bus took place in Sinai, taking the lives of three South Korean tourists, and one Egyptian driver. More were wounded in the attack, which was claimed the following day by the Ansar Beit Al-Maqdis (ABM) group as part of an “economic war” against Egypt’s military-backed …
A fatal explosion in Sinai kills three Korean tourists and an Egyptian
The bombing marks the fifth time the Sinai pipeline has been attacked since the 3 July ouster of former president Mohamed Morsi, and the 19th such attack since Hosni Mubarak was deposed in February 2011.
Ministry of Interior reveals names of 12 suspects involved in the deadly attack
Daily News Egypt interviews Ahmed Ezz’s lawyer
Video of arrests released by Egyptian media can be considered defamation, say Press Syndicate lawyer
The Ministry of Antiquities says UNESCO will help Egypt both financially and technically in renovating the damaged Museum of Islamic art.
Ministry now monitoring social media, asking for help from citizens
Noncommissioned officer injured
Charges revolving around the “Marriott Cell” are unfounded, says Al Jazeera
Both ministries are cooperating to raise awareness abroad and help with renovation efforts.
Army spokesperson emphasises war on terrorism, blames Muslim Brotherhood for Tuesday’s assassinations
The report will be crucial in assessing the money needed to return the museum to its original condition.
Administrative Court postpones cabinet’s Muslim Brotherhood terrorism trial to 18 March
France “reaffirms its condemnation of terrorism, irrespective of the perpetrators or motives”
The UNESCO is sending a delegation to assess the funds it will allocate to restoring the museum, widely considered the oldest of its kind, to its original state after bombings in Cairo damaged it.
Interim President Adly Mansour says prosecution will review cases of detainees under investigation
NGOs accuse security apparatus of restricting freedoms under the pretext of the “war on terrorism”
Attacks leave six dead, dozens injured