Egypt’s Prosecutor General Hamada El-Sawy ordered on Saturday referral of a train conductor, accused of forcing two men to jump off a moving train leading to the death of one and the injury of the other, to urgent criminal trial.
This came after Tanta’s prosecution detained the conductor last week for four days pending investigations.
The prosecution said that according to investigations, the conductor forced the passengers to jump from the train for not having tickets.
The prosecution charged the conductor with terrorising the two passengers as he forced the two victims to jump instead of handing them over to the police.
When the conductor found that they did not have tickets and couldn’t pay for them, he ordered them to jump off the moving train. Complying with the order, one man fell under the wheels of the train and died, while the other suffered severe injuries in his leg.
The incident went viral on social media as several videos circulated showing the incident inside the train.
Minister of Transportation, Kamel El-Wazir, said he would not allow any negligence and that he is keen on preserving the lives of all citizens.