Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi said Monday that Egypt will continue opposing nations that support terrorism. Responding to a question about the boycot of Qatar during the fourth National Youth Conference in Alexandria, Al-Sisi said that Egypt always has a clear foreign policy that it does not conspire against other countries or interfere in their affairs.
On Monday, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and Bahrain released a new blacklist of 18 entities and individuals accused of terrorism and linked to the State of Qatar, according to Saudi state-run Saudi Press Agency (SPA).
The new list included entities from Libya and Yemen, as well as individuals from Qatar, Yemen, and Kuwait. In a joint statement, the four Arab countries boycotting Qatar accused these entities and individuals of having direct and indirect links to Qatari authorities, according to SPA.
The quartet accused some of the individuals on the new list of collecting funds for militant groups fighting against the Syrian regime, such as Al-Nusrah Front, and others supported the Al-Qaeda organisation.
Last month, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and Bahrain cut diplomatic, economic, and commercial ties with Qatar, accusing Doha of supporting terrorism, disturbing security and stability in the region, and supporting Iran. They also closed their airspace, borders, and seaports to Qatari transportation and citizens. Doha has denied the accusations.
Meanwhile, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan left Doha late on Monday after meeting with Qatar’s Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani. Erdogan also visited Saudi Arabia and Kuwait in his short tour to discuss the Qatari crisis and Turkish mediation.
Moreover, UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres welcomed on Monday Qatar’s Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani’s call for dialogue to resolve the Qatari crisis. Guterres encouraged all parties involved in the crisis to enter negotiations to find a solution for the crisis. He also praised the Kuwaiti mediation in the crisis.